Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Wale Signs To Warner Brothers Records



As reported via Billboard, Wale has signed with Warner Bros. Records. Maybach Music Group’s Grammy-nominated rapper is releasing new track “Black Bonnie” featuring Jacquees and will unveil his sixth studio album later this year.

Wale and Warner Bros. Records celebrated their new alliance at the Crustacean restaurant in Beverly Hills, Calif. last evening (May 15). Joining Wale and Warner Bros. co-chairman/COO Tom Corson were Warner Music Group CEO Stephen Cooper, MMG founder Rick Ross, Spotify’s head of urban Carl Chery and several other Warner Bros. executives including Chris Atlas, senior VP/head of urban marketing, and PJ Bloom, senior VP of film & television music and soundtracks.

In a statement announcing the signing, Corson said, "I am delighted that Wale has joined Warner Bros. Records. He is a pillar in the hip-hop community and beyond; with his cultural relevance and lyrical prose, he continues to elevate the game. Wale is truly a force to be reckoned with and we look forward to a successful partnership for years to come."

Added Wale, "This is an exciting step for me. I am thrilled to be at a company that is willing to showcase my artistry, while supporting my entrepreneurial spirit. I felt their passion, commitment and enthusiasm from day one. They believed in my vision wholeheartedly, and I am ready to show and prove."

Known for hits such as the Grammy-nominated, platinum-selling “Lotus Flower Bomb,” “My PYT,” “Running Back” featuring Lil Wayne and “My Love featuring Major Lazer, WizKid and Dua Lipa, Wale first came to critical acclaim in 2008 with the inventive Mixtape About Nothing. A year later, the rapper made his major label debut with Attention Deficit followed by the No. 2-bowing, gold-certified 2011 album Ambition. His catalog also includes the No. 1 Billboard 200 albums The Gifted (2013) and The Album About Nothing (2015). His most recent album to date is 2017’s Shine, which featured the platinum single “My PYT,” “Running Back” and “My Love."

Wale, whose Every Blue Moon imprint houses various musicians, comedians and screenwriters, memorably opened President Obama’s final State of the Union address. His creative endeavors also include partnering with Villa for a limited-edition line of sneakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment